These three I highly recommend: curiosity, wonder and awe. :-)
I believe that Slow Science and new ways of carefully crafted, coordinated collaboration across institutional, cultural and national boundaries can and will transform both science and society in most beneficial ways. I am currently trying to build bridges between physics and contemplative science, and begin to implement a vision for a trans-disciplinary, post-scarcity, mindful, collaborative science-and-society ecosystem. I invite you to take a look at my Contemplative Scientific Collaboration project. Please join the conversation – let’s collaborate!
Here are some of my research interests – partially related to physics and my recent academic life (at CERN, University of Innsbruck, Graz University of Technology, etc.), partially related to consciousness, mind-body, and interdisciplinary connections. I tend to approach most of these fields with a combined stance of agnosticism, skepticism and the trinity from above: curiosity, wonder and awe.
I am currently most interested in Physics, General Semantics, and the vast interdisciplinary realms of Contemplative Science (including Neurophenomenology) in theory-and-practice.
On the side of group-level practical implementation, communication, and decision-making, I place my chips on “Systemic Konsensing” (in German: “Systemisches Konsensieren”), Council, Dialogue, and Nonviolent Communication – to be integrated with “inner work” and all of the above wherever possible and meaningful. My experiences (including intense community-building) with Leap Forward have in- and transformed my life and work.
(The following list is not prioritized. A multi-dimensional connected-graph tag cloud would help, and of course it would also be an oversimplification. :-))
- Physics & Mathematics <3
- Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, Radiation Physics
- Computational Physics, Computer Simulations
- Data Analysis, Neural Networks, Machine Learning
- Statistical Physics
- Relativity Theory, Quantum Physics
- Astrophysics, Cosmology, Baryogenesis, Black Holes
- Astrobiology, Origin of Life, Autocatalysis, Autopioesis
- Constructor Theory
- (Radical) Constructivism
- (General) Systems Theory
- Cybernetics, Second-Order Cybernetics
- General Semantics
- Semiotics, Biosemiotics
- Anthropology-Biology-etc. (Gregory Bateson style)
- Patterns … and meta-patterns (a most wonderful meta-trans-discipline!)
- Neurophenomenology, Microphenomenology
- First-, Second- and Third-Person Perspectives (in Science and Comtemplative Traditions, with particular emphasis on the second-person perspective which I deem rather fundamental and yet vastly under-explored!)
- Enaction, Enactivism, 4E cognition, 5E / 4EA cognition
- Embodied cognition, Situated cognition
- Embodied communication, Non-violent communication
- Contact Improvisation, Bodywork, 5 Rhythms, Dance Movement Therapy
- Sensorimotor theories of consciousness
- Process-oriented psychology
- Neuropsychoanalysis (particularly when connected to Bayesian prediction models and – yet to be explored? – contemplative science and practice)
- Gestalt therapy, REBT, etc.
- Co-counseling, Council, Bohm Dialogue
- Systemic Konsensing (in German: “Systemisches Konsensieren”)
- Organizational Development
- Cognitive science, Neuroscience
- Predictive processing, Prediction Error Minimization, Bayesian approaches
- Integrated Information Theory
- Buddhist philosophy-and-practice (mainly Theravada & Zen)
- Integral Theory, Spiral Dynamics
- Neutral Monism, Dual-Aspect Monism, Nonduality
- Decompositional Dual-Aspect Monism
- Philosophy of Science, Epistemology
- Process philosophy, Mathematical philosophy
- Stories and Myths, Storytelling, Mythology
- Cognitive biases and fallacies
- Exceptional experiences, Mystical experiences
- Community-supported agriculture
- Permaculture, Organic gardening/farming
- Gift-based economy, Resource-based economy
- Education, Learning, Creativity
And then there’s a whole lot more that I have on my radar, and even more that I have not yet considered, and all of it is interconnected, and sometimes different nodes and clusters light up on the screen …
What do you know of that I may like to consider adding?
Let’s explore together!